Sunday, January 29, 2012

Michael Knese

I am an American singer/musician/actor who has been living in Germany since 1993. I initially came to Europe performing in musicals and still do when the occasion arrises (CATS, Les Misérables, Hair, Rocky Horror Show, Annie Get Your Gun, Falco Meets Amadaeus, etc.)

As a singer, I have an extremely flexible 3+ octave range. Over the years I have branched out into other projects:
- I've worked for two professional acappella groups; for which I wrote the arrangements (s'more, Harmony Central).
- I started a Hawaiian/Polynesian project singing in the traditional falsetto style, playing slack key guitar (taro patch), slide and ukulele, even writing original material and recording it at my home studio. With my colleague, Lasinga Koloamatangi (Tonga), we organized local groups to represent Polynesia for our annual "Karneval der Kulturen" in Berlin. Also wrote original music for each year's parade.
- Lead singer for various soul bands in Berlin; for which I write vocal and horn arrangements.
- Host of a Soul & Funk jam session in Rickenbacker's Music Inn (Wilmersdorf, Berlin), where I sing and play keyboards with my house musicans for the opening set. Later in the evening I offer an atmosphere for all in the club to join us onstage. Occasionally, I will sit in on bass or guitar if need be.
- Presently working on a new rock project as singer and bassist


No comments:

Post a Comment